Thursday, May 29, 2008

CraftSanity Podcasts


I've been listening to this craft podcast lately. It's great for people who are trying to start a crafting lifestyle and those how are already masters at it. Free to download from iTunes. Here some info from their stie.

Introducing CraftSanity

If it weren’t for art where would you be right now? If you didn’t know how to knit, crochet, weave, spin, paint, sew, write, sing, dance, or express yourself creatively some other way, what would you do? How would you blow off steam and cope with the stresses of life? I don’t know about you, but I shudder at the thought of a world without soft yarn, lovely fabric, shiny black tap shoes and rock music. This site is dedicated to all you creative spirits out there. This is where I’m going to put some of my reporting skills to craftabulous use and host an online discussion about art, craft and all things creative.

Who Is This Crafty Lady?
My name is
Jennifer Ackerman-Haywood and I’m a 31-year-old, married, working mother of two sweet girls. I was born in Detroit (Rock City) and now live in West Michigan with my husband, Jeff, and our two daughters, ages 2 and 3. I’m a writer who makes a living working as a newspaper reporter and hopes to realize my childhood dream to write a book. I like to run, swim, bike, quilt, knit, weave, sew and do just about any craft under the sun. I’m almost always armed with a portable craft project just in case I get 30 seconds of down time or I just plain need a moment of Zen.

When I tape CraftSanity interviews, I imagine that I’m sitting in a booth at a diner with my guest and we’re just chatting away and our conversation is so fascinating that other people seated nearby are leaning in. In my head, I have five listeners, but the stat counter tells me there are plenty more of you out there — a notion I still can’t quite believe. I’m not a polished broadcaster, I’m just a curious woman with a microphone who loves to help people share their stories — especially when they involve art and craft.

CraftSanity History
This podcast was conceived in late 2005 when I was on my second maternity leave from my newspaper gig. My husband had become a big fan of tech podcasts and suggested that I do one about crafts. I told him he was nuts, then I started planning my first show.

And though I cringe at how awkward I was during the earliest CraftSanity episodes, the experience of fumbling my way through with the support of my husband to create this show from scratch has been one of the most fulfilling experiences of my life. It’s been a wonderful joy to get to chat with all the creative people who have shared their stories with me and to get amazingly sweet feedback from the folks at home makes it all seem like some kind of crazy, happy dream. Producing this show has been a labor of love and really has enriched my life in ways I never imagined. I really feel blessed to get to have this experience. Thank you, dear listeners, for making that possible.

CraftSanity With Me
I want to continue to interview artists and crafters from around the globe, review the latest books and products and share fun project ideas you can try out in your home studios or with a group of artist friends and kids. So, if there’s someone in the creative world you’d like to her from, let me know. Write me at jennifer@craftsanity.com

http://craftsanity.com/

No comments: