Tuesday, May 27, 2008





This is my favorite ring of all time which was made by the very talented artist Amanda K Lockrow.

Inspired by mother nature's miracles of new life and new beginnings. Chalcedony reminds me of robins eggs which bring new life into the world. And the wires that go up and down are inspired by flowers and the pollination process.

This ring is constructed of sterling silver, it is stamped 925 on the inside of the ring shank. I have also signed the back of the ring to complete this tiny piece of wearable art.

The center is a blue chalcedony cabochon. The ring has a patina of liver of sulfur and then polished back to show the detail.

The band is stamped A New Beginning. The wires move up and down freely but are very comfortable to wear.

Amanda's Bio:
I am a metalsmith and artist. I make everything by hand and love my work. I hope that you will find something to treasure on my site.
I work with a variety of materials and am constantly exploring new materials.

I graduated from Syracuse University with a BFA in metalsmithing. Please visit my blog at www.amandalockrow.blogspot.com for more information on where you can buy my jewelry in stores.

All new work is fabricated using recycled silver. I really hope I can reduce my footprint on the earth. My boxes and envelopes are also all made of recycled material.

I love the mountains and the ocean and in California I get both and that is why I moved across the country.

No comments: